December 20th, 2022
An opening at the postdoctoral level is available in the ab initio team of IPGP to work on liquid-vapor equilibrium and separation during the condensation of the protolunar disk, formed in the aftermath of the giant impact. We want to study compositions relevant to the bulk silicate Earth in the 2000 – 7000 K temperature range and 0.1 – 2.5 g/cm3 density range from ab initio and machine learning molecular dynamics simulations.
The successful candidate should have:
- A Ph.D. in chemistry, physics, or a related field with a focus on physical chemistry and thermodynamics.
- A strong background in research, with experience in molecular dynamics simulations and statistical mechanics techniques.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team environment.
- A strong record of publications in relevant journals and conferences.
- The ability to work independently and manage one’s own time effectively.
- A strong interest in continuing research on liquid-vapor equilibrium and the ability to contribute to ongoing projects in this area.
Additionally, preference will be awarded to candidates who have:
- Strong knowledge of machine learning techniques and experience with programming languages such as Python.
- Experience with interatomic potentials and their use in molecular simulations.
The position is for one year with the possibility of a one-year extension.
The successful candidate will be part of the CAGE team of IPGP at the Université Paris Cité. CAGE brings together researchers and teachers with an interest in the formation of the solar system and its early evolution, the formation of the Earth, and its ancient geologic history. You are expected to strongly interact with scientists from Dept. of Astrophysics at Univ. Paris Cité.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work in a stimulating and supportive research environment.
You can find more information about the ab initio group at https://razvancaracas.info/. For more inquiries, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and apply at email@example.com.
The deadline for application is January 20th, 2023, with a start as soon as possible afterward.
Please submit a cover letter and your CV before January 20th, 2023. You must also provide up to two referees who can provide an assessment of your previous work.